Go-Go Boots and Catfish Fillets!

Monday, May 14, 2007 | |

This past Thursday (yes, I know my entry is a bit tardy) the dames of Dames A Flame and Kingsized entertained at the annual Save The River Benefit held at the Park Tavern. The event was produced well I thought, what with yummy catfish fillets and other delectables, live music, and a mechanical bull done up in Bass drag.

The evening started off a bit slow, but as the sun dipped, everyone's energy seemed to rise. Kingsized put on a blistering set of jazz and old gospel standards – as only Kingsized can do – while the Dames worked the floor at a fever pitch, giving the crowd eyeballs full of shimmy and sizzlin' shake. For my part, I thought the performance of Proud Mary was the highlight of the night – loud, frenzied, sweaty and all about rolling down the river...


Sparkly Accessories

Proud Mary

Riding the Fish

Sultry Fish Wrangler

For more photos click on any of photos above...