Burlesque Atlanta Personality of the Month: SADIE HAWKINS

Sunday, June 01, 2008 | |



Sadie Hawkins is one of the first people I met DUDE, I'M A PRO in Atlanta's neo-burlesque scene. She started out as a card girl with Calu's DOLLSQUAD BURLESQUE REVUE, became a featured dancer (I'll never think of Hanukkah the same way again), and is now the co-leader of her very own rabble rousing retro 60s matinée biker gang, BLASTOFF BURLESQUE.


1. Sadie, have you ever killed a man with your AWESOMENESS?
SADIE: If, by "awesomeness" you mean "making it look accidental," then.... well, I can't really speak to that.


2. Was that man named Bill?

SADIE: I can't remember all their names, really.
kill_bill_vol_two_ver5

3. If you were in the passenger seat of a Mercedes Benz CLK 600 piloted by a coked out Robert Downey Jr. and heading for Las Vegas across the Arizona desert what would be the massage settings on your seat? (hint: I like slow and vigorous)
SADIE: They have car seats that massage, now? Wow. I should run with a different crowd. But really, sitting next to Robert Downey Jr. would give me all the exciting relaxation I'd need.
robert-downey-jr-mugshot+drugs


4. Describe in minute detail the best burlesque act you've ever witnessed.

SADIE: Well, not so much best act, but best performer... all of Dickie Van Dyke's solo acts blow my mind.
DICKIE VAN DYKE of BLAST-OFF BURLESQUE


5. Describe in 5 words the worst burlesque act you've witnessed.
SADIE: Far, far, far too long.

6. How tall do you wish you were?
SADIE: Well, I'm just about 61 inches, and that's okay.
Governor wannabes Gary Coleman and Mary Carey, 8-27-03 copy


7. Do you have an Amazon wish list? What's on it?

SADIE: I do now! A growing, yet incredibly unexciting selection of music and books, and probably some other junk.
515-ATBwBqL._SS500_

8. You're performing and some asshole yells, "show me your tits!" What's your response?
SADIE: Well, there's a good possibility they'll make an appearance, anyway. But that asshole sure will be disappointed by the pasties.


9. Before you perform what do you eat / drink to maintain energy?
SADIE: Hmm... not so much to maintain energy, but I tend to bring some cider along for shows.
180px-Woodchucklogo

10. After you perform what do you eat / drink to calm down?
SADIE: Whatever is left of the cider.
patsy cider

VIDEO BONUS ANSWER Unfortunately I don't remember the exact question. Could somebody do me a favor and send me a question that fits please?




STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH SADIE HAWKINS?

HEY, LOOK AT ALL OF MY PIX!

1 comments:

Mollie said...

Hmmmmm, when I looked at this post earlier, I swear all it had was a slide show.

Cool interview and photos :)