Sadie Hawkins is one of the first people I met in Atlanta's neo-burlesque scene. She started out as a card girl with Calu's DOLLSQUAD BURLESQUE REVUE, became a featured dancer (I'll never think of Hanukkah the same way again), and is now the co-leader of her very own rabble rousing retro 60s matinée biker gang, BLASTOFF BURLESQUE.
1. Sadie, have you ever killed a man with your AWESOMENESS?
SADIE: If, by "awesomeness" you mean "making it look accidental," then.... well, I can't really speak to that.
2. Was that man named Bill?
SADIE: I can't remember all their names, really.
3. If you were in the passenger seat of a Mercedes Benz CLK 600 piloted by a coked out Robert Downey Jr. and heading for Las Vegas across the Arizona desert what would be the massage settings on your seat? (hint: I like slow and vigorous)
SADIE: They have car seats that massage, now? Wow. I should run with a different crowd. But really, sitting next to Robert Downey Jr. would give me all the exciting relaxation I'd need.
4. Describe in minute detail the best burlesque act you've ever witnessed.
SADIE: Well, not so much best act, but best performer... all of Dickie Van Dyke's solo acts blow my mind.
5. Describe in 5 words the worst burlesque act you've witnessed.
SADIE: Far, far, far too long.
6. How tall do you wish you were?
SADIE: Well, I'm just about 61 inches, and that's okay.
7. Do you have an Amazon wish list? What's on it?
SADIE: I do now! A growing, yet incredibly unexciting selection of music and books, and probably some other junk.
8. You're performing and some asshole yells, "show me your tits!" What's your response?
SADIE: Well, there's a good possibility they'll make an appearance, anyway. But that asshole sure will be disappointed by the pasties.
9. Before you perform what do you eat / drink to maintain energy?
SADIE: Hmm... not so much to maintain energy, but I tend to bring some cider along for shows.
10. After you perform what do you eat / drink to calm down?
SADIE: Whatever is left of the cider.
VIDEO BONUS ANSWER Unfortunately I don't remember the exact question. Could somebody do me a favor and send me a question that fits please?
STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH SADIE HAWKINS?
HEY, LOOK AT ALL OF MY PIX!