MY Top 5 ATL Burlesque Moments of 2006

Monday, January 01, 2007 | |

I would do a Top 10, but just don't have the time. C'mon, who the fuck else is gonna drink all the egg-nog before it spoils?



5. THE BIRTH OF BLACKSHEEP BURLESQUE


Neo-burlesque dead? No fucking way. Here comes one more troupe. Born from the super sexy staff at Apres Diem and featuring my pal in crime Megan.






4. The Dames A'flame take up semi-permanent residence at midtown Vortex.


MIDNIGHT DANCER







Sure the space is about the size of your living room with stadium seating but the lighting and design are perfect. As a newish photog I love shooting in the former "Peachtree Battle" location.


Oh, and the bartenders ain't bad looking either:



3. CALU / NAUGHTALIE / LISA et. al. @ SLICE

This was my first time really behind the scenes of a burlesque show. Let me say right now that I love Calu. Sure she's sexy and cool and mysterious and tough and all that shit but last August she was kind enough to open herself up the inspection of my lens and well...that takes super balls. I caught so many great moments that I could just throw up the entire set.











2. DAMES A'FLAME @ "STOMP SCREAM SHOUT"

Jay Edwards, the guy behind "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" decided to make a crazy movie and opened it at the Atlanta Brewing Company with Luna Luxx and the other Dames in tow. Nearly free beer. Nearly naked women. Sweet indeed.

JAY WADE EDWARDS, LUNA LUXX, & A FREE PINT GLASS





Oh and Catfight! too..

SUSANNE

KATY

JENNIFER


1. PHOTO SHOOTS WITH CALU and SADIE


These guys helped win me a job as a full time photographer.

I honestly can't thank them enough.










DUDE, I'M A PRO

0 comments: